Trump revokes $ 5 billion in foreign aid using Pocket Rensicion Power

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
President Donald Trump closed his week by informing the congress that he dismissed nearly $ 5 billion in foreign aid that the congress had already approved while legislative power faces a deadline of October 1 to finance the government or cope with a closure.
Trump cancels funding using pocket cancellation. Unlike a typical termination request which allows the congress to sign on the approved financing of funding within 45 days, a pocket cancellation bypass the congress because it is so close to the end of the exercise that the legislative power cannot act accordingly.
“Last night, President Trump canceled $ 4.9 billion in America the last foreign aid using a pocket cancellation,” the management and budget office (OMB) said on Friday. “(President Donald Trump) will always put America first!”
Moving the White House to cancel foreign aid of $ 4.9 billion with “Pocket Rensicionion” underlined as illegal
Included in reduced funds is approximately $ 520 million compared to the account of contributions to international organizations, more than $ 390 million in the account of contributions for peacekeeping activities, $ 322 million in the Democracy Fund, $ 445 million in the peacekeeping account and more than $ 3 billion in development aid.
Meanwhile, legislators on both sides of the aisle are not satisfied with Trump’s decision to withdraw funding.
“Any effort to cancel the funds allocated without approval of the congress is a clear violation of the law,” said the president of the Senate credits, Susan Collins, R-Maine, in a press release on Friday.
Here is what also happened this week:
Southern South Korea
Trump launched the week of meeting week on Monday with the new president of South Korea, Lee Jae Myung.
However, during the summit, he praised his relationship with the North Korean leader Kim Jong Une and said that the two would come together “one day”. Trump met Kim three times during his first mandate for discussions on denuclearization – the first time in Singapore in 2018, then twice in 2019 in Vietnam and North Korea.
Trump praises the Kim Jong relationship one in the middle of the South Korea summit

A document photo provided by Dong-A Ilbo of the North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and the American president Donald Trump inside the demilitarized zone (DMZ) separating the South and North Korea on June 30, 2019 in Panmunjom, in South Korea. (Dong-A Ilbo via Getty Images / Getty Images)
“I have very good relations with Kim Jong Un, North Korea,” Trump told the journalists in the White House on Monday. “I mean, many people would say:” Oh, it’s terrible. “No, that’s good.
Although Trump’s current administration has aroused continuous interest in renewing denuclearization negotiations with North Korea, Pyongyang has not expressed its interest in denucleization.
The death penalty in Washington?
Trump revealed that he was planning to ask Washington the death penalty for people who are guilty of murder when he continues his repression of crime in the national capital.
“If someone kills someone in the capital, Washington, DC, we will ask the death penalty,” Trump told journalists at a meeting on Tuesday. “And it is a very strong preventive. And all those who heard it agree. I do not know if we are ready for that in this country, but we have it. … We have no choice.”
The Supreme Court ruled in 1972 in Furman c. Georgia that the death penalty had violated the disposition of the eighth amendment prohibiting a cruel and unusual sentence. In addition, the DC Council officially canceled the death penalty in 1981, according to the non -profit organization, the Death Pinnalty Information Center.
The death penalty could return to the national capital under the repression of Trump’s DC crime

President Donald Trump, alongside the Secretary of State Marco Rubio, on the left, and the defense secretary Pete Hegseth, on the right, is expressed during a meeting of the cabinet in the hall of the White House cabinet in Washington, on August 26, 2025. (Mandel Ngan / AFP via Getty Images)
It is not known exactly how the White House intends to launch this effort and no additional detail was immediately available. The White House referred to Fox News Digital to Trump’s comments at the office of the cabinet.
However, Trump signed a decree in January entitled “Restoring the death penalty and protecting public security”. The order asks the Attorney General to “continue the death penalty for all crimes of a severity requiring its use”.
“Capital penalty is an essential tool to dissuade and punish those who would commit the most odious crimes and acts of deadly violence against American citizens,” said the order. “Before, during and after the United States Foundation, our cities, states and countries have continuously relied on capital punishment such as ultimate deterrence and the only appropriate punishment for the most vile crimes.”
Trump weighs on Cracker Barrel
Trump also plunged into the discussion to find out if Cracker Barrel should update his logo and urged the restaurant chain to reverse his decision to change his logo to withdraw “Uncle Herschel”.
“Cracker Barrel should go back to the old logo, admit an error according to the customer’s response (the ultimate survey) and manage the business better than ever,” said Trump in an article on Tuesday on social networks.

General view of a Cracker Barrel Country store in Fishkill, New York, August 25, 2025. (Richard Beetham for Fox News Digital)
Later Tuesday, Cracker Barrel announced that he had listened to the customers and that the new logo “disappeared” and that the previous one that has been in place since 1977 would remain.
The White House seemed to be tackling the triggering of the change, and the press secretary of the White House, Karoline Leavitt, posted on X, “8 hours ago …” With a screenshot of the original publication of Trump’s social media, in response to the update of Cracker Barrel on the return to the previous logo.
“Congratulations’ Cracker Barrel” for having brought your logo back to what it was. All your fans appreciate him a lot, “Trump said in a subsequent social media position on Tuesday.
Alex Miller de Fox News contributed to this report.