NEWS

Israel has marked a year since the hostages of “beautiful six” killed by Hamas

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Like Aviv, Israel – The Israelis marked on Saturday a year since the FDI soldiers recovered the bodies of six hostages executed by Hamas terrorists in a tunnel in the Gaza Strip.

The organizers estimated that nearly 100,000 Israelis gathered on the Place des Hatages de Tel Aviv to remember while family members called on the government to conclude an agreement to bring their loved ones home. A giant flag was unveiled by calling President Trump to “make history”.

The executions plunged Israel in mourning. The hostages were Eden Yerushalmi, Ori Danino, Carmel Gat, Almog Sarusi, Alexander Lobanov and the American-Israeli Hersh Goldberg-Polin.

“How do you summarize in a few words what you want to remember with your only son? He was a gift, a blessing, a talented, funny, respectful auditor and a curious citizen of the world,” said Jon Polin and Rachel Goldberg-Polin, the parents of Hersh, in Fox News Digital.

Israeli hostage body which was detained for almost 700 days in Gaza is recovered

Six Israeli hostages found in Gaza

American Hersh Goldberg-Polin, 23, with Eden Yerushalmi, 24, Carmel Gat, 40, Alex Lobanov, 32, Almog Sarusi, 27, and Ori Danino, 25, were brutally murdered by Hamas just before an attempted FDI rescue in August 2024. (Fox News)

“He will always be 23 years old. He was not perfect, even if most of us, the parents, want to believe about our children. But he was, indeed, the perfect son for us. We are blessed to have had Hersh in our life. We only want it to be longer. Rest peacefully, sweet boy,” they added.

The birthday coincides with the new operation of Israel in Gaza City, which led to a fierce debate on the question of whether it could endanger the remaining hostages, given what happened to the “Beautiful Six”.

The family forum hostage and disappeared warned that an agreement to secure the hostages remains blocked as the operations of the FDIs progressed, calling it “painful recall of last year’s lesson: military pressure kills hostages”.

“This nightmare must end! For 694 days, our loved ones endured hell, and we, as a nation, have lost all direction of direction. The climbing of military pressure abandons the living hostages to their fate and leaves the bodies of those who have already died buried forever in the rubble of Gaza,” added the press release.

Friday, the FDI announced that it had recovered the bodies from two hostages held by Palestinian terrorists in Gaza.

Jon and Rachel Polin demonstrate for his son Hersh

Jonathan Polin and Rachel Goldberg-Polin, the parents of the hostage of Israeli murdered Hersh Goldberg-Polin, attended his funeral in Jerusalem in September 2024. (Gil Cohen-Magn / Pool / AFP via Getty Images)

Israeli estimates indicate that 48 captives remain in the band, 20 are supposed to be alive.

Developments come as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insisted that only a complete ceasefire – the one who guarantees the return of all hostages and ends the war according to the conditions of Israel – will be envisaged.

“Most families want all hostages to come back at the same time,” said Tzvika Mor, hostage father Eitan Mor and co-founder of the Tikva Forum, who pleads for a complete agreement on the elimination of Hamas.

The Israeli otations brother urges the UN to act after the video shows Hamas, the holes and torturing the captives

“Here’s where we are divided,” Mor to Fox News Digital told Fox. “The Tikva forum thinks that Hamas must be defeated and forced to go to Israel, while other families believe that Israel must go to Hamas to save the hostages.”

Mor underlined the 1976 Entebbe rescue as an example, noting that if the result was uncertain at the time, the Israelis widely believed that the country had the duty to fight for its citizens rather than capitulating the terrorists. He argued that although military action involves risks, the much greater danger would allow Hamas to dictate the terms after October 7.

(Amit Goldstein // The Smarting and Family Forum)

Monday, Donald Trump suggested that the conflict would be finished in a few weeks. Two days later, he chaired a meeting in the White House to discuss a full post-war plan for Gaza.

US SEND Special in the Middle East Steve Witkoff On Tuesday, Trump administration was aligned with Jerusalem on Tuesday against a partial agreement.

“There has been an agreement on the table in the last six or seven weeks which would have published 10 of the hostages out of the 20 which, in our opinion, are alive and it is Hamas that has slowed down this process, and it is now Hamas that says that we accept this business. And I think largely, they say that and change their mind because the Israelis are putting me very intense,” Witkoff said Fox. “Special.” “.

Leader of the Israeli opposition Yair Lapid told Fox News Digital that his party Yesh Atid supports “a complete complete case which will include the return of all hostages and the end of the war.

Click here to obtain the Fox News app

“If this agreement is not possible,” he continued, “then Israel should accept the partial agreement that has been agreed, which will give us time to conclude a complete agreement.”

Netanyahu told Senator Joni Ernst, R-Iowa on Monday that the decision to expand the military campaign was “unequivocal”.

Related Articles

Back to top button