Ashli Babbitt granted military honors after the previous request refused under Biden

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
The Air Force decided to extend the military funeral honors to the deceased senior aviator Ashli Babbitt, who was shot by a police officer during the riot of the Capitol on January 6, 2021.
The decision took place after the Air Force management during the Biden administration previously denied the request in February 2021, shortly after the death of Babbitt. The decision is also involved in the unjustified death regulations taken in July, which led the government to pay nearly $ 5 million to the Babbitt family.
“On behalf of the Air Force secretary, I write to extend the offer for military funeral honors for SRA Ashli Babbitt,” said a letter of August 15 from the Air Force subsecretaire, sent to the husband of Babbitt, Aaron, according to the legal representatives of the family. “After examining the circumstances of Ashli’s death and taking into account the information that has since presented, I am convinced that the previous determination was incorrect.”
Trump greets the SGT. Michael Verardo, injured Afghan veteran who inspired the trackchairs of the independence fund

Micki Witthoeft, center, mother of Ashli Babbitt, joined demonstrators outside the Supreme Court on the second anniversary of the assault on the American Capitol in Washington on January 6, 2023. (AP photo / Jose Luis Magana)
“After examining the circumstances of SRA Babbitt’s death, the Air Force offered honors in military funeral to SRA Babbitt’s family,” an Air Force spokesman said in a statement to Fox News Digital.
Babbitt was killed by a police officer of the American Capitol as she was trying to have force for the Capitol chambers during the events of January 6. About three months later, the Ministry of Justice announced that it would not carry criminal charges against the officer who fired on Babbitt.
Praise and criticism followed the news that the Air Force would grant Babbitt its military honors, previously denied under Biden.
The veteran burns the American flag outside the White House after Trump signed the prison order

A man carries flowers during a vigil for Ashli Babbitt after being killed during the riot of the Capitol on January 6 in 2021. (Nathan Howard / Getty Images)
“There is no better example of how a leader is supposed to act, that here in this letter,” said General Michael Flynn, a long-standing confidant from Trump who spent a short stay as a national security advisor after a long term in the army and time at the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, in response to the letter from Babbitt’s subsecèr.
“That Ashli Babbitt is now resting in peace and her family gets a certain comfort for the wonderful person she was and the light of the truth that she brought to each of us,” concluded Flynn.
Meanwhile, former representative Adam Kinzinger, r-ill., Who was part of the January 6 congress committee at the GOP who investigated the riot of the Capitol, criticized the decision to restore the honors of Babbitt.
“(Ashli) Babbit dishonored his service by engaging in the insurrection against his country. Although his death is absolutely tragic and I hope that it has not happened, the Air Force making him honors is in itself dishonor,” said Kinzinger in response to the news.
Click here to obtain the Fox News app

A scene from January 6, 2021, releases to the American Capitol. (AP photo / Julio Cortez, file)
A former Capitol police officer, Aquilino Gonell, who described on January 6 as one of the worst days of his life, suggested that this decision was a slap in front of the people who were injured as a result of the attack on the American Capitol.
“Not to the officers, like Brian Sicknick, who served in the National Air Guard, but the member of the crowd who stormed the Capitol and put the lives of others in danger,” said the former Capitol police officer about the restored honors. “WTF.”